Production Management

PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT On the run up to creating our screenplay adaptation, we had to demonstrate our ability to effectively create and manage essential paperwork for our shoot. This included risk assessments, shot lists, call sheets and arranging and confirming the use of our locations. I created the below call sheet, which I then disseminated to the cast and crew of our short film. I researched online to find out what information was considered essential on a call sheet and made sure that mine was clear and concise to minimise any potential confusion.
I also assisted in the completion of risk assessments, helping to research potential shoot locations and identify potential risks, their likelihood of happening and the potential outcome. Researching, developing and completing different production paperwork was interesting as it gave me some insight into the effort and planning that goes into a production before it reaches the time where it is shot and begins to be made. This isn’t something that I’d often considered when thinking about TV and Film, as often I will focus on the finished product that is presented, rather than how those developing the idea got there. It allowed me to develop an appreciation of Production and the value and importance of it- without production, nothing happens!

Comments

Popular Posts