AESTHETIC PLANNING

Here is a mood board of things that I like. 


The purpose of creating this (if not justified only by it's visual beauty) was to explore a variety of colour palettes and show how different grading and shot types can evoke different emotions and the connection between the Viewer and the Screen. It is almost a rule that warm colours are reminiscent of feeling good, cold colours of sadness. I would like to be able to use both in my project and will attempt to balance them appropriately guided by the intention of the scene. 

A shot type that is of particular interest to me is the Close up. Immediately telling and often entirely subtextual, there can be so much said from a single frame. It bridges the gap between the Audience and the on-screen space and brings you into the world. I prefer shots that arent stationary, but led by the Actors on screen and feel energetic and lively. That said, I also acknowledge the almost mechanical, exceptionally well synchronised beauty of Director's work like Wes Anderson, who masterfully pairs the two together. With limited resources,this level of intricacy and efficiency will be difficult, but I intend on trying to create something that feels similar, but rougher around the edges. I think visual cues are important to guide Direction too, and will try to implement these by Directing performers to make specific gestures that inform the movement of the scene.

Comments

Popular Posts